We’re Hiring – Web Developer Vacancy
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Urbansoul are a leading digital & design agency offering creative solutions for SMEs and schools. We specialise in web design, e-commerce, branding and marketing in a variety of sectors. Now in our 15th year, we have a brilliant opportunity for a passionate and dedicated Web Developer to be part of our team.
Candidates should be enthusiastic team players who can contribute great ideas to web projects and business development. We understand the need for work-life balance, offering flexible working hours and a relaxed, friendly, working environment.
- Maintain and manage existing WordPress sites
- Create high quality websites/web applications for our clients
- Integrate data from various back-end APIs, services and databases
- Contribute and communicate ideas effectively both internally and externally
- Help to deliver the growth and marketing strategy for the business, contribute to the company blog and social media
- Continually looking for and implementing ways of improving our development practices.
- At least 3 years experience in the industry with a good technical understanding of WordPress, bespoke websites, CMS platforms and eCommerce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with WordPress and knowledge of other CMS systems
- Good PHP knowledge (the ability to edit set variables and modify functions.php)
- Comfortable with version control (GIT)
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, backups, and best development practices
- Experience with hosting and server management
- Problem solving skills, debugging and cross-browser testing
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Shopify ecommerce, SEO and PPC skills would be desirable but not essential.
The Good Stuff:
- Be part of a friendly team with a relaxed working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours (parent friendly!)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Team social events
- Access to online training courses to help you develop your skills
Competitive salary + company profit share scheme.
Urbansoul has great transport connections, we are close to motorway junctions and only a 15 minute rail journey from Manchester centre.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply here
*Strictly no agencies please*